The Horseshoe Group provides a broad range of actuarial, underwriting, claims and general advisory services to insurers, reinsurers, investors and captives.
Our team of professionals draws expertise from senior-level management roles in the insurance industry and extensive experience with complex engagements.
We deliver solutions tailored to each client’s needs. We bring both depth and breadth of knowledge in a wide spectrum of insurance consulting services.
Our senior staff has a wide-ranging underwriting background in many insurance lines of business along with key classes within each. Through the combination of our market knowledge and our underwriting skills, we can deliver practical underwriting advice including:
LINE OF BUSINESS
- Our extensive experience enables us to provide a comprehensive assessment of an insurance line of business that considers past profitability, possible prospective performance, problematic classes and typical reinsurance involvement as regards structure and distribution source. We can offer insights into possible data sources and market intelligence
- We can apply our line of business insights and reinsurance know-how to analyze a treaty, whether it be a quota share or an excess of loss. We can review offered terms and conditions and provide our point of view on the merits and potential pitfalls of the deal at hand
- We can bring our reinsurance experience to a macroscopic level by participating on reinsurance underwriting audits. We can assess the subject business’ viability and value proposition by examining policy wording, levels of authority, department design and underwriting prowess
- We can review draft underwriting guidelines for a reinsurance company matching target line size commensurate with risk appetite and capital levels, referral guidelines, declination criteria and target pricing to achieve goals
M&A DUE DILIGENCE
- We can examine a firm’s insurance or reinsurance portfolio and provide a point of view on historical and prospective profitability and viability from both an underwriting and actuarial perspective. We can identify problem areas and areas of opportunity within the portfolio